Tuesday, September 1, 2020

thank you, TownDock!

My thanks to TownDock, Oriental's online publication, for their story about Curt and I visiting on ANNIE and SPARTINA late spring.  Allison wrote the pice and took some nice photographs.  Keith came down the morning we left and got this wonderful photo of SPARTINA and ANNIE side by side.  


I have read TownDock for years, particularly the Shipping News section.  They have written about a lot of interesting sailors there.  It is an honor that SPARTINA and I are included.  Oriental is a great place.  Excellent harbor and dock, great restaurants and provision shops and really fine people.  I can't wait to get back there.

3 comments:

EyeInHand said...

Very nice write-up. Makes you guys seem like you know what you're doing. ;-)

MaryLou said...

Really nice article and photos. I really like the one of the two of you heading out. We are so fond of Oriental. We spent many happy hours there when we were buying Tara. Reminded us of home. Only 4 years ago but it seems longer.

Steve said...

MaryLou, agreed that Oriental is a wonderful place, one of my favorites. steve