Monday, May 18, 2020

a few photographs


Here are a few photographs from the Social Distance sail.  It was a great trip, though cut a bit short by Tropical Storm Arthur.  (I believe this was the third spring trip to NC that was cut short by tropical weather coming up from the south.) This was a bit of an unusual trip.  For starters, no specific destination, just go the way the wind blows.  And secondly - I had company, meeting up with Curt on ANNIE, his Drascombe Longboat Cruiser, near Pamlico Point on the second day of the trip.


All these photographs were shot with my iPhone 11, a good phone and a great camera.  Very pleased with the results.  I also shot with a GoPro 8, just haven't sorted through those photographs yet.  My standard sailing camera, a Nikon AW-1, was on board but went unused.  


There was lots of wind, sometimes no wind, and it got very chilly the first couple nights out.  Found some new creeks and rivers to explore, and had a wonderful time in Oriental (as always).  I hope to start the logs later this week or early next week.











4 comments:

Tom said...

Thank you, Steve! The last photo - setting sun setting your mizzen aglow - is especially beguiling and beautiful. Looking forward to your log.

EyeInHand said...

Great photos. So nice to see them large after getting the Instagram preview. In the photo with your silo on the mizzen, I didn't realize Annie was in the background until you posted it here.

Ken said...

As we didn't all have enough to worry about already, now it looks like there are monsters around Smith Island. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc8RmRzyVSQ

Steve said...

Ken, hope to be sailing there in just a couple of weeks. I'll keep my eyes open! steve