I was so interested in the idea of visiting crab houses on Chesapeake Bay that I changed the name of the trip. Now we are calling it "The Crab House 150." Seems to give us more purpose somehow. It will be a nice goal to visit a handful of crab restaurants on the way up the bay, compare, contrast and - most importantly - enjoy.
Got up with a plan to go sailing this morning, even had my neighbor Jim coming along with me. But woke to grey skies and gusty wind. Checked (not-so)Accuweather to see a front moving in with thunderstorms mid-morning and again after noon. So we bagged the sail.
My mistake as it turned out to be a very nice day. Blue skies and nice wind. When the thunderstorm finally showed up after 5 pm it was very brief and mild.
I should have remembered the words of wisdom from my fishing guide friend. "If you wait till everything is perfect you'll never go fishing." Or sailing.