Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pensacola, updated

On the gulf coast for a few days. I spent a lot of time here from the 60’s on. This will probably be my last visit for a long time to come.


We are staying at a hotel near the waterfront and the convention center. There's a Jimmy Buffet show at the convention center tonight. We'll be watching out for Parrot Heads.

steve

Update....took a walk along the bay to the marina. Sometimes a light grey overcast, sometimes sunny, then a light spitting rain. Watched one expensive sailboat motor into an almost empty marina.

Buffet fans all around wearing Hawaiian shirts and drinking beer (and this is five hours before the show starts). I like the music just fine, but I've also heard that drinking a lot before the show makes the live performance sound better.

1 comment:

Baydog said...

I've heard that too, Steve. But drinking a lot before a football game only makes it better if your team wins.