Saturday, October 12, 2019

the windy 300+

A nice photo from Curt as we sailed up the Chester River together.  Perfect wind for the run up to Chestertown.


Back home again, cleaning and sorting gear today and tomorrow.  Just a great trip.  I'm calling it the windy 300+, windy because there was great wind, often 15-20, every day, and 300+ because my main gps, a Garmin 64s, kept losing satellite contact on three different days.  Will have to figure that out.  I had my backup, a 62s I think, that I booted up when the newer unit lost contact.  Anyway, it was at least 315 miles of sailing, maybe 330 or so.  Doesn't really matter, it was just great sailing.

4 comments:

Rich D said...

Congrats on a great trip Steve! Followed all your posts with great interest! - Rich

Steve said...

Thanks, Rich, it was a great trip. steve

Rik_Studio said...

Great trip Steve. Nice report, thank you for it.

Steve said...

Thanks, Rik. It was a great sail. I hope to start the daily logs in about a week.