Friday, March 12, 2010

ec challenge

They are back. SandyBottom and KiwiBird finished the EC Challenge - over 300 miles from Fort DeSoto to Key Largo, including a paddle through the Everglades - this afternoon. Below is SandyBottom's SPOT track to the finish.


I enjoyed following them on the Watertribe site. I know I'll enjoy even more their reports on their blogs. Can't wait to see the photos from the Everglades. Below is KiwiBird at the finish.


Following the adventure really brightened a late winter, very grey weekend for me. I've got four days off with a forecast of four days of rain. If I'm lucky I'll get out for a few hours Sunday, but that is very iffy.
In the meantime I'm finishing the off-season maintenance, checking equipment (found my flares had an expired day of January 2010 so went and bought a new set) and looking at plans for the coming year.
Also got some good news from the Small Craft Advisor magazine. They are going to publish a story about the SkeeterBeater trip soon. I can't wait to see it.

steve

No comments: