"When I think of all the fools I've been it's a wonder that I've sailed this many miles." -Guy Clark

Sunday, August 4, 2024

the sail so far

I am sitting under the boom tent of SPARTINA listening to rain fall here at Birch Harbor on the Schoodic Peninsula.   I may sail a bit in afternoon if the weather clears, or maybe not. 


It has been a couple of good days on the water.  I was surprised how comfortable I felt casting off on Thursday, the water felt very familiar.   I was not intimidated by the rocks and ledges and tides as I was last year.  I had a nice afternoon sail to the anchorage at Opechee Island.  

A flash or lightning just now, and the rumble of thunder. 

Friday was at excellent sail for Opechee Island to a nice protected cove on the east side of Little Cranberry Island.  Blue skies, decent wind and friendly waves from lobster boats along the way. 

Yesterday was a rainy foggy sail/motorsail east to the Schoodic Peninsula.  Of the three harbors in the east side of the Peninsula, Birch harbor offered the best protection.  I am tucked around the corner from the usual anchorage where I have two feet of water at low tide, plenty of water for a Pathfinder.  

Better weather forest for tomorrow and I plan on heading East early in the morning.  









 

No comments: