"When I think of all the fools I've been it's a wonder that I've sailed this many miles." -Guy Clark

Thursday, August 8, 2024

remnants

I have rec’d questions about what I will do when the remnants of Hurricane Debby arrive.  By this evening I hope to be anchored in a place call the Mud Hole.  I anchored there a few nights ago when a series of thunderstorms rolled through.  It was the perfect anchorage, and also a beautiful place.  Narrow, as you can see from the chart, with steep granite walls topped with thick pine forest.  I expect I should do fine there.  It will be mostly a rain event, and predictions on rain amount have decreased in the last day or so.  Hopefully on my way back towards Penobscot Bay by Sunday.  

Note: There has been a change on approving and publishing comments using my phone.  I can’t quite figure it out, so will not be publishing comments on this sail.  You can always reach me by my email, which I believe is listed under my profile.  




 


 

 

No comments: