Wednesday, October 16, 2013

puh-leeeze.....


I love food, the New York Times and the New York Times Dining & Wine section, but......

This is a photograph from a story about exciting food trends in China.  The dish, and I'm stretching to describe it as such, is called Micro Fish No Chips and comes with Scottish ale and an overhead projector that turns the table into a British flag.  Do I even need to say that Beatles music is played in the background?

Sometimes the emperor has has no clothes.  Come on NY Times, show a little judgement.  This isn't "the frenzy and swagger" of the restaurant scene, it is a joke.

steve

ps - I'll quote BayDog from his comment below as some people don't venture into the comments area...

"That's not a trend, that's a crumb."

2 comments:

Baydog said...

Dumb. The Times food section is usually pretty interesting. That's not a trend, that's a crumb.

Steve said...

Dave, I was counting on hearing from you on this. I consider your opinion authoritative in this area. thanks

steve