Tuesday, October 30, 2012

survivor, Hurricane Sandy edition, dinner

Same story, new storm.  Storm comes, storm goes.  Restaurant that caters to locals opens to cater to locals, maybe lets a few non-locals in. 


 Steamed shrimp, steamed clams.  Oysters on the half shell.


Pop's Raw Bar.  Not a tourist spot, just for islanders.  So many in there tonight it was standing room only until we stole a couple of stools.  Then I saw the guy we stole them from and wish I hadn't.  But he didnt' seem to mind.  Then a burger "to go" to take up the road to my friend who has watched out for me for every hurricane since the late 90's.  Got to love the island life.

steve

2 comments:

Baydog said...

Nice to see they give you a baker's dozen on the clams. I actually notice those things...

I'm happy for you, Steve, but what did everyone else eat?

Steve said...

Believe it or not, I shared with my colleague. Being stuck on an island in a storm will do that to you.

Steve