Monday, March 7, 2016

from Team Scout

From the boat crew.... Well... The conditions at pass and in the Gulf at Point Ybel (Sanibel) weren't kind to us today. We were only able to make 4.5 miles in 5 hours of thrashing. So, rather than getting stuck out there through the night, with the wind direction and seas only getting worse and from the same direction, and with limited opportunities for safe passage through any inlet to the south, we have decided to "lay up" and see if the conditions change for the better. Also, for those if you tracking us, our Spot Locator temporarily drowned and quit working. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

we've got a tarp rigged to tame the blazing sun, and are lounging while we dry out.

No comments: