Friday, March 25, 2016

spring

Humid this morning, overcast, sometimes rain with sun peeking through.  Spring.  I am glad.

I have not sailed the last two weekends, weather and work has gotten in the way.  I do hope to get out this Sunday, a day expected to be overcast, warm and with light winds.  I'll take it.


Since I could not sail the past two weekends I spent time buying food for the spring sail.  It is still two months away but I am suffering from cruise fever.  Cups of fruit, granola bars, tuna salad lunches and - a new item - 1.15 oz pouches of peanut butter or almond butter mixed with honey.  The pouches seem like they would make for a nice simple snack, either by themselves or spread on crackers. 


I've been thinking about the trip and I'm leaning toward a circumnavigation of the southern half of Pamlico Sound.  I would look to put in at Hobucken, which is central to the all the places I would like to visit: Ocracoke, Cape Lookout, Beaufort, Belhaven, Bath and Washington.  Right now I have 13 days but may talk to the boss and add on a day or two.  

The beautiful photograph at top is by Barry, he revisited the 2009 Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival.  It's worth his site visiting to see his photographs.  

No comments: