Saturday, October 31, 2020

about that name

I've started posting the daily logs from the fall sail.  If you are using a computer to view this blog you will see them in the column to the right under the title "No-Show 2020 460."  

I had planned to retire this fall (though I in fact quit working much earlier due to a very nice buyout offer) and have four weeks to sail.  My plan was to launch in Cambridge in late September, sail into the Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival in St. Michaels, explore the Bay for a few weeks and then sail into the DownRigging Festival in Chestertown before returning to Cambridge.  Great plan, I thought (and as philosopher Mike Tyson observes:  Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth).  At least it was a good plan until the pandemic arrived.  So both my boat shows were canceled.  And now you know where I got the name.

No comments: