"When I think of all the fools I've been it's a wonder that I've sailed this many miles." -Guy Clark

Sunday, September 1, 2024

the last day

 

Today, for the first time in a month of sailing, I tucked in a reef.  And then a few minutes later I tucked in a second reef.  I guess it was about time.  Grey and gusty this morning, I was wearing my dry suit with a wool sweater underneath.  It was a short sail, about 15 nautical miles, and I was anchored early afternoon.  I consider it to be the last sail of the trip.  I am just six or eight miles from the boatyard.  I should be there tomorrow midday, sailing mostly to dry out the sails before I put them in their covers.  I will spend the rest of the day cleaning up the boat, and maybe relax and read a bit.  Then haul out the following day.  It has been an excellent trip. 



No comments: