Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I wish I had a boat like that...

Ever looked at a painting or drawing of a boat and say "I wish I had a boat like that"?  I do it all the time.  And finally I do have a boat like the one in the painting.



This artwork is from my artist, sailor, blogger and friend Curt.  You can find his blogs here and here.  We first got in touch a couple of years ago over the internet.  Then we met while sailing Pamlico Sound at a nice little anchorage called Swan Creek.  Curt was sailing his Drascombe Longboat Annie, I was of course on Spartina.  We've stayed in touch since.

A few weeks ago when the schooners were in town Curt came down from Richmond to join me for a sail.  We had a great time sailing and checking out the schooners, then Curt broke out his sketch pad.  Above is the result.  It is marked as a "pen and wash".  I do not know much about art and I'm not sure what that means.  But I can tell you seeing this image of Spartina really touches my heart.  Very nice, Curt.  Thank you.

steve

2 comments:

Baydog said...

That image would make a great Christmas or Thank You card.

Bill said...

NICE!