Thursday, October 24, 2013

boondoggle


Out sailing this evening on a Harbor 20 with the SailNauticus crowd and doing so for - get this - work.  Yes, how do you spell b-o-o-n-d-o-g-g-l-e?


I'm starting to think about details for the upcoming Sultana Downrigging weekend.  I'll be hitting the road before dawn a week from tomorrow.  I've got a choice slip at the foot of Cannon Street between the dinghy dock and a 47 foot vessel by the name of E. E. Moore.  Sleeping accommodations are two piers and a walk across the Pride of Baltimore II away aboard the schooner Virginia (yes, life is good these days).  There is some weather swirling out there in the seven-day front forecast, but I'm counting on the high pressure system moving in.  Two years ago it was an early winter storm, last year Hurricane Sandy.  This year, I think the odds are with us.

If you are at the festival please drop by and say hello, or at least wave from the docks as I'll be out sailing most of the time.

steve



5 comments:

Rik said...

How did the Harbor 20 compare to the Pathfinder? (I know, not fair, but still I am interested...)

Steve said...

Not even close. Apples and oranges. The Harbor 20 has a full keel with 900 lbs of ballast. And it has an amazing number of lines to pull on when you consider that it is a sloop.
A nice boat if you have a slip to keep it in. But good luck trailering.
I'm very content with the Pathfinder.

steve

Steve said...

Just to make the point a little bit stronger, the keel of the Harbor 20 weighs more that Spartina fully loaded.

steve

Bill said...

Again, you use this word - "work". Still thinking you're not clear on its correct definition.

Steve said...

I guess I could look up "work" in a dictionary, but I'm pretty happy with my concept right now, no matter how incorrect it may be.

steve