Friday, October 11, 2013

the future was so bright....



We've hit a lull in our sailing season with nor'easter-like conditions that brought steady rain and strong winds for a few days.  Rain should continue into the weekend, maybe clearing on Sunday when 30 mph gusts are expected.


Best to get the weather out of the way now as the tall ships from the Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race will be on the Portsmouth Waterfront.  Should the weather cooperate we'll be out sailing both weekend days as I find sharing the water with the schooners a real treat.  Two weeks later I'll head up to Chestertown for the Sultana's Downrigging Weekend.  

With it being mid-October I figure we've got five or six more weekends on the water.  Might as well make the most of it.

The photo at the top is from Green Creek just off the Neuse River, relaxing after dropping anchor late morning, with an afternoon of swimming, fishing, reading and listening to college football on the radio ahead of me.  My future was so bright I had to wear shades.

steve

No comments: