Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a new marina

Received a nice email from Wally at Van Horn's Marina and Campground in Germantown, NC (up North of Spencer Bay). He says he has a good ramp ( I think it is just left of center at the top of the photo below) and charges $5 to launch and $1 per day to store a vehicle and trailer. Sounds like a good price to me.

I'm looking at using the marina for a weekend trip maybe in May. This is a great location for two or three day trips with Rose Bay, Judith Island, Swan Quarter Nat'l Wildlife Refuge, Great Island and Juniper Bay nearby.

Just heard I might be on a boat bound for Cape Lookout by this time tomorrow. Not for fun. It would be the USS Bataan, stopping by Camp LeJeune pick up a couple thousand marines bound for Haiti. Details are fluid right now, but if I don't post for a while that is the reason.

steve

No comments: