"When I think of all the fools I've been, it's a wonder that I've sailed this many miles." -Guy Clark

Monday, September 7, 2026

day eight - a day off


A little rain in the night.  There is a float nearby that is covered by seals.  Late night they make guttural noises like a bunch of old men...belching, coughing and gurgling.  A little annoying but kind of funny.


Wake to fog and cries of seagulls.  The apps show that the rain has moved on, forecast is for fog and wind.  Chilly, layer on a wool sweater and wool socks.  Hot chocolate with breakfast.


Mid-mornng Matto and Freya drop by to check on me.  We visit for a while, talking about weather, gear and boats.  We've both got company coming soon.  Matto has his friend Rossco coming to join him for the sail.  My daughter and son-in-law will be camping nearby.

Read, sleep, relax. Some rain in the afternoon, some strong gusts too, but not nearly the 50 mph that had been forecast.  A relaxing day.


 

No comments: