Tuesday, August 7, 2018

at the other Spartina

Two appetizers and a pizza at Spartina, the California/Italian restaurant on Melrose in Los Angeles.


grilled avocado, moroccan lemon, Calabrian chili oil, ricotta salata.

Just a wonderful evening outdoors on the patio of a favorite L.A. restaurant that I've written about before.  By far the best, most tender octopus I have even had.  Manager Freddie was evasive when I asked how it was made but owner/chef Stephen was willing the secret.  He said if I mastered the recipe I would be a legend in my neighborhood.  Without missing a beat the youngest daughter said "Oh, he already is a legend in our neighborhood!"  I don't think I have ever seen a grown man laugh as hard as the chef did when he heard that line.  Being a legend is not always a good thing.


wood grilled octopus, Calabrese salami, potato and aoli


smoked prosciutto, potato, cipollini onion, sage pizza bianca


No comments: