Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I would, but I need the eggs"

I was surprised today by a gift of eggs, fresh from the coop.  They were still warm when put in my hands.  I've never had fresh organic eggs before.  Guess what is on the menu for tonight.


Looking at the eggs I was reminded of Woody Allen's take on relationships.  From Annie Hall....

"this, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken,' and uh, the doctor says, 'well why don't you turn him in?' And the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships. You know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and, but uh, I guess we keep going through it...because...most of us need the eggs."


steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will soon learn why I have 90 hens here at my farm.