Monday, November 11, 2013

on the waterfront


She stops in every year or two.  Certainly one the largest tall ships to visit the Norfolk waterfront, the Norwegian vessel Statraad Lehmkuhl came into port on Thursday and most likely departed today.


At the age of 99, she looks beautiful.  Built in Germany and now the largest, oldest tall ship in Norway, the three masted barque is used for several months out of the year to train naval cadets from the Royal Norwegian Navy.


I've had a busy couple of weeks (months) so did not have much time to spend on the waterfront.  And I certainly did not have time to sail Spartina past the stern of the beautiful ship, which would have been my first choice.  I settled for a visit of a few minutes, for which I am glad.


We are down to the last few weeks of sailing for the year.  I do hope to get out once or twice more.  Then time for off season maintenance.

steve


No comments: