Saturday, August 23, 2014

migration


Boxes of gear, plastic gallon jars of food and the dry bag of freeze dried meals migrated downstairs to the living room and now reside beneath the desk.  I think I'm set on food, probably have to much in fact.  The cook kit and light/notebook kits were pleasingly intact and ready to go from the spring sail. 


I've updated my SPOT profile to reflect that I'll be sailing on Chesapeake Bay and not the sounds of North Carolina, and also edited the list of email addresses that receive "ok" notifications when I drop anchor at the end of a day and then again in the morning when I raise the anchor.  I'll post the tracking link next week.


My renewed my Virginia saltwater fishing license will, because of a reciprocal agreement, work in Maryland waters of Chesapeake Bay.

A car service out of Easton, Md. has agreed to drive me at a reasonable rate from either Oxford or St. Michaels to Chincoteauge should I make the sail around the bottom of the Delmarva.

The trip is still more than a week away, but it feels good to be getting things in order.

3 comments:

eebe4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eebe4 said...

Good stuff Steve!
I think I detected the heat of the summer had turned a corner this weekend. We've generally had a cool summer anyway.
Yesterday's sail was fantastic in Mobjack.
I'll be following your reports on this cruise.
I'm still ironing out details and equipment needed for an extended sail on Una, but I'm close to following in your wake.
Fair winds-
EB

Steve said...

Eddie

I had been wondering about your boat. Do you have a photo of it under sail?

steve