Monday, April 4, 2011

blue skies, big dreams


Blue skies, a howling wind out of the south and (I think) a record-setting temperature today.  The seasons are battling it out and spring is starting to win.  I couldn't think of a better place to go other than to see the rigging work at Pride of Baltimore II.


Lots of work going on up on the masts and down below the bob stay.  After weeks of work they just put the last sail on today.  There is some detail work to be done, plus training for the crew and then she'll be heading north soon.


I hope she is around through the weekend.  The forecast looks good for a sail.  Wouldn't it be nice to see The Pride from the water?


As for big dreams, check out Dawn's post about her after-retirement plans of doing an Everglades Challenge followed by a paddle up the coast on the ICW from Key West to Mile Marker in Norfolk.  The trip is a couple of years away but I'll look forward to sailing at the marker (I wish the marker said "Mile 0" but in reality it is red marker "36") to welcome Dawn at the end of the trip.  I can't wait to read about the planning for this trip!

steve

No comments: