"When I think of all the fools I've been, it's a wonder that I've sailed this many miles." -Guy Clark

Thursday, September 24, 2026

day twenty-seven - a morning walk


Morning comes with a light overcast and mild wind.  Gusts roll through the anchorage now and then.  The forecast calls for strong winds and rain in the afternoon.  Looking at the charts, I am already in the perfect spot for the weather.  But I've got time for a visit to Stonington before the rain arrives.


An easy sail, wind on the beam, makes for a short commute.  4.3 into the harbor.  Tie up at the town dock, just a couple of boats there on a grey day.


Ice tea and catch up on email at 44 North.  Then a walk along the waterfront.  A quick sandwich, cast off before noon with an easy sail back to Round Island.

Heavy rain arrives early evening.


 6.34 NM

No comments: