Monday, October 10, 2016

the talkabout 185

Spell check wants to correct the name of this post to "walkabout," which is in fact a name I have used for past sails on both Chesapeake Bay and the sounds of North Carolina.  Those were to my mind walkabouts, meandering explorations with no set destination or plan.  I'm calling this one a talkabout as it was a very social trip that involved meeting, getting to know and talking with dozens and dozens of people.  
   

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am by nature not particularly sociable, and as I've said more than once I built Spartina to get away from the crowds.  I will admit, though, that I had a very nice time hanging out with friends, particularly at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival. I enjoyed it (but don't count on me being a regular there).

More talking, much more, and a little less sailing, 185 miles, than usual.  Lots of fun.  Daily logs will start soon.


No comments: