Friday, February 16, 2024

cheers to chance meetings and fleeting moments


About a year ago I briefly met Kelli in Isle of Hope, Georgia.  It was before dawn, I was on SPARTINA and she was on a paddle board.  Later she sent me a beautiful photograph (below) of SPARTINA sailing out of the anchorage.  How nice!  

Yesterday morning, a windless morning, I was motoring out of my anchorage on the Herb River to the Skidaway River. There on the bow of a large power boat was Kelli waving with both arms.  It was a fleeting moment, Kelli headed in one direction and me in the other.  This made me smile.  She later sent a photograph of SPARTINA under power (above).   We exchanged texts, talked about meeting in person next year.  We’ll see.  But for now, cheers to chance meetings and fleeting moments.  They are the unexpected pleasures of sailing a small boat. 


 

No comments: