Monday, September 13, 2010

last few details


Oh, yeah, I guess I better figure out where the launch ramp is.....


That's it above, just to the left of Goose Creek Marina. I've never been there but it looks like a good ramp. I talked with the folks at the marina and they said it was a safe spot to leave the jeep (but maybe I'll ask them if I can leave the jeep and trailer on their property for a week for $20 just to be safe). It's just a few miles north of Crisfield, Md, about a 2 and 1/2 hour drive from here.

Got new batteries today, AA, AAA and lithium AA for the SPOT. And speaking of SPOT, here is the tracking page.....

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0JPDqxA4Ln2kgAnlVGkFVHAji21Fr0M76

I'll post it again right before I go.


And of course I'm starting to look at the weather. Above is the five day front forecast which I think means Saturday. Might be some rain before that, but then there are a series of highs which should keep the weather decent for a while. But who knows.....

steve

ps.....I just went to my SPOT profile to update for this trip and was very happy to find that they have simplified their web pages. It used to me (for me) very clunky. Now I can see all the information at once and edit as I go. Very nice!

No comments: