Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why do they call it a challenge mapper?

Because it's a challenge to use, that's why.  This is the screen I get much of the time.


The Challenge Mapper has been sometimes available, sometimes not.  I suspect the problem is more competitors and more followers wanting to know where they are.  That sounds like a good thing to me.  The technology will catch up to the demands by the next race.  Good to know so many people are interested.


I did get these maps last night showing a lot of racers heading into the Ten Thousand Islands.  It looked like Dawn set up camp at a decent hour and hopefully got a good night's rest.  She wanted to be at the ranger station when it opened at 8:00.  That might be a good place for her to connect with other paddlers.


DanceswithSandyBottom sent this photo of SOS from Florida Bay.  They crosssed the finish line at 1:30 a.m., finishing first in their class.  Paul had thought they could be in by 10:00 last night.  I wonder if the wind did not cooperate or maybe night navigation on Florida is not the easiest thing to do.  No doubt they are sleeping now.  I'm hoping for some more photographs by this evening.  

They had a great race.  Thanks for letting me follow along.

steve

No comments: