Wednesday, March 14, 2012

the last day, the nicest day


Today was the last day of my short Carolina trip, brief visits to Beaufort, Morehead City, New Bern and Hatteras over four days.  The weather was beautiful this morning, perfect time to visit the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.


This trip was for work though some colleagues have suggested it was a boondoggle.  I will not argue the case either way,  I will say I have another boondoggle, I mean work-related trip, back down there in a month or so.


Why is it that the last day of the trip is almost always the nicest?


It is appropriate that Mosquito is entering Mosquito Lagoon - just north of Kennedy Space center - today, the first day of the year that I have been bitten by a mosquito.



I'm not sure if the Ultimate Florida Challenge is at this point considered a race or simply a personal challenge.  If it is a race it appears that Mosquito is in the lead.  Alan and Dawn reached Stage 2 of the challenge yesterday.  When they reach stage 3 they will switch to a smaller canoe-style boat and begin the trek across Florida which includes a very shallow river and a long portage.  For up-to date information you can check Paul's posts here.

steve

No comments: