Sunday, March 31, 2013

sprung

The daffodils are up, the forsythia is blossoming bright yellow and I saw a flock of a dozen gold finches on my morning walk.  Spring is here.


Out on the water early this morning with my friend Jim, above, on his 1950's era boat.  We put in near the Great Bridge and ran up the river a ways.  A great start to the day and back to the house before 9 a.m.


The rain moved in mid-morning.  I ran to the expedition supply store - Wal Mart - and picked up our lunches, breakfast bars, anchovies and oysters for the coming trip.  I do need to sort through the food bin and do an inventory.  Plenty of fruit cups are in there, plenty of rice and meals in pouches.  I probably have as much as I need to get until Bruce arrives with the final menu.


And speaking of menu's, I've decided we'll end the trip at Onancock (after a visit to Tangier Sound of course) and probably check into the Charlotte Hotel just a few blocks from the waterfront.  It is probably pricier than I like, but it has a nice restaurant with a great menu.  The seared scallops with scallion potato cake and haricots verts sounds like a nice way to end the cruise.



Tomorrow it will be close to 70 degrees and I hope to be out on the water with Spartina.

steve

No comments: