Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mosquito on the move

Checking Dawn's blog I see that Mosquito, the trimaran that Dawn and son Alan will use to compete in the Ultimate Florida Challenge, might be in Florida by now.  I say "might" because there was some work being done on the trailer yesterday.  


The trimaran, designed by Alan and built by Alan, Paul and Dawn, is a work in progress.  Dawn says it has been sailed once, they hope to get it in the water in Florida to test sail it a bit more before the race begins Saturday morning.

They have been so busy designing, building, rigging, etc that team B and B, as they are known, have not had time to much posting.  I hope we'll see some more photographs when Mosquito is on the water.  I will follow their race, and Kiwibird's (aka Kristen) too, and do updates as they go along.  Checking Kristen's blog I see that she is on the road headed south right now.


We've got a beautiful day here and I have got two more coats of varnish on the coamings of Spartina.  I had a brief dream of sailing this coming Sunday, but the weather forecast now calls for fog and cool temperatures.  Instead of sailing I'll repack the boat (clearing out my daughter's room before she comes home for spring break), check over the gear, crank up the outboard and make sure the trailer is in good shape.  When all that is done I'll be hoping for good weather for the following weekend.

steve

No comments: