I received our three day ramp pass from Kent County in the mail today. Having the pass in hand makes the trip seem very close. It is close - just a little over three weeks until we launch out of Rock Hall.
I've picked up a few more items at the store. Dried fruits, mixed nuts and almonds, cheese crackers and instant mashed potatoes. We are set on AA batteries, but I need to check on the lithiums. A fresh bottle of propane needs to be bought. Fresh food will wait until a few days before the trip begins, but I should rough out a menu in consultation with Bruce (the chef). I also need to check on the rental cars to see if we can get picked up at Chincoteague or Wachapreague. Tides for all the inlets have been printed out, but I have not examined them closely.
The more I look at the charts for the first day's sail, the more I think we hit the road to Rock Hall at 4:30 a.m. Whaddya say Bruce?
I hope to get out for a sail on Saturday, the forecast looks good right now. Then I've got five or six days out of town for work. When I get back I'll have two weeks to get our act together.