Thursday, March 29, 2018

PLAY BALL!!! (why I will sail Tangier Sound for the spring sail)


The Orioles were in town the other evening on their way north, stopping to play their triple-A affiliate the Norfolk Tides.


You can tell from the grass how cold it has been this spring, the field should be nice and green by now.  And the evening of the game was very chilly.  Lots of parkas being worn in the stands, but a great crowd that really got into the game.  Just as many O's jerseys and caps as the Tides.


Great to see some baseball.  And it got my thinking about the spring sail, which I decided I'll do on Tangier Sound where I can pick up the AM broadcasts of both the Nationals and the Orioles.  Can't wait.


2 comments:

MaryLou said...

I wondered if you might catch that game. We did catch some Phillies Spring Training while we were in Florida. I think it was the first time in 10 years that they won all 3 of the games we went to. Of course that didn't help them today against Atlanta.

Steve said...

Yes, enjoyed see the O's. Will be up at Camden Yards in the summer with oldest daughter to catch a game there. Glad you caught some spring training games, I would like to do that someday. Hope all is well with you and Fred. See you this fall, if not sooner.

steve