Tuesday, June 12, 2012

working.....NOT


I received an email from my friend Adrin with the subject listed as "working....NOT!!".  He was on the Norfolk waterfront this morning as I raised sail with my daughter Grace and friend Barry aboard.  He was working, I was not.  He was nice enough to send a couple of photographs.

We were leaving out of Waterside to watch the OpSail Parade of Sail as the tall ships left Norfolk after a great weekend.  I think we had the best seats in the house, tacking back and forth as the tall ships came by us.  


There were a lot of friendly greeting from the tall ships, both people I knew and people I had never met.  It was fun.  Even had one boat ask if we were taking part in the parade.  Very nice of them to ask, but I don't think Spartina qualifies as a tall ship.

I took some photographs and should do a post, but don't know if I will have time this week.  We'll see.

steve

1 comment:

Bill said...

Spartina can stand tall with the biggest and best of them. She's a tall ship at heart.