Friday, April 22, 2022

hauled out


I motored SPARTINA down the southern branch of the Elizabeth River this morning to the boat ramp.  She is due for a little maintenance that I need to do next week before heading south for the spring sail on Pamlico/Albemarle Sounds.

This trip will be a walkabout style trip with no definite plans, just any which way the wind blows.  I do have a list of places I would like to visit, the usual spots like Oriental, Beaufort, Little Washington and New Bern.  I do want to to make it to both Ocracoke and Roanoke Islands, it has been a few years since I sailed to either.  I've got three to four weeks so there should be time to visit most of those places.  And of course there are the favorite isolated little anchorage on creeks, rivers, bays and coves.   

Next week will be maintenance, packing food and gear.  Then I'll be ready to go as soon as we get a good two or three day weather window to start the trip.

6 comments:

Lorenzo said...

Great to keep reading your updates Steve. Have a great walkabout on your pathfinder. You're no rogue navigator....

Steve said...

Thank you, Lorenzo. I'm looking for ward to the trip. Have some sailing plans from ASTRID? Steve

Clark said...

Hi Steve

Someone was asking about rudder uphauls and downhauls on John Welsford's fb page. Do you have them on SPARTINA?

Steve said...

Kent, I just did a quick post about the rudder. You are welcome to share it on fb. Steve

Unknown said...

Hey Steve, do you have a post anywhere or could you post the components of your rig? I know someone that is getting ready to buy his rigging and could use a template proven by someone as a guide.

Scott

Steve said...

Scott, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by components of the rig. Are you talking about various parts of the rig design, or are you talking about hardware? Give me a little more info and I'll help where I can. Steve