Monday, January 24, 2011

it's like putting a puzzle together

The fun, at least to me, of planning a trip is putting all the little pieces together.  A good ramp where you can leave the car and trailer, a few good anchorages spaced out along the route, a place to get fuel and resupply, a hotel somewhere along the way and maybe even a good meal at a restaurant.


I emailed The Whitehaven Hotel today asking about the chances of getting a room without a reservation mid-week in May.  No problem, they said.  And how about a restaurant within walking distance.  No, but the not too far away restaurant The Red Roost will pick us up and drive us there for dinner.  Pretty cool.

One more piece of the puzzle in place.  I can taste the fresh steamed crabs already.

steve

2 comments:

Baydog said...

Steve! Ya killin me! Red Roost. Who knew? We stay in Salisbury almost every time we drive to OBX.
To date, our favorite meal there has always been breakfast at Bob Evans'. Next time we arrive Earley
and have dinner at Red Roost.

You are quickly becoming the person I most want to eat with.
I would most certainly tear up the all-u-can-eat. Holy crap, with fried clams and shrimp as sides?

I'm gonna have trouble falling asleep tonite. Thanks

Steve said...

Yes, some great stuff on the menu. Can't wait.

steve