Saturday, July 9, 2022

the fall trip


The photo above showed up on my iPhone's home page this morning.  How nice.  It is from last year's fall trip on Chesapeake Bay, day 23 in fact.  I had spent the hot, windy and spray filled afternoon exploring Langford Creek.  The spray explains the clothes drying on the boom.  I had anchored on the west fork of the creek just above Bungay Creek, glad to be in the shade of the trees on shore to escape the sun.  

This year's fall trip will also be on Chesapeake Bay, and should take up most of the month of October and end in Chestertown at the Downrigging Festival.   I do hope to may the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival but that depends on a couple of things out of my control.  We'll see.


 I have most of the food for the fall trip already.  I've also got a new Montbell sleeping bag and a new Goodsman anchor light, above (the old ones were ruined by horizontal rain on the spring trip).

In the background of the anchor light photo you can see my Nikon binoculars.  These came with a lifetime warranty for fogging or misalignment so every year or two I send them off to get a new set from Nikon.  Pretty good deal it seems.  

August (when it is too hot to sail) and early September will be maintenance time for SPARTINA.

Hot and humid these days.  Looking forward to fall.

No comments: