Thursday, August 23, 2018

a long weekend


Sometimes it all comes together.  A long weekend, a good weather forecast and a nice little Tidewater Virginia sailing.  I'm heading up to Gwynn's Island tomorrow with SPARTINA in tow.  A high pressure system is moving into the area bringing sunshine, moderate winds and unseasonably comfortable temperatures.  The weather map below shows high 70s before noon tomorrow.  In August.  Still can't get over that.


I had been sorting and checking gear for the fall trip, so I'm already to go in that area.  And once I get back I can clean the gear and have it all set for the sail to St. Michaels in late September. 

I don't consider this three day trip a cruise, it's just some daysails strung together with the chance to explore a little bit of the Rappahannock and Piankatank Rivers.  Plus there's that nice oyster place with free docking that Barry is always telling me about.  I'll take a note book but not a log book.  I'll have the cameras.  And I'll have my SPOT tracking device on in case anyone wants to follow along.

Click here for the tracking page or copy and paste from below....

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0JPDqxA4Ln2kgAnlVGkFVHAji21Fr0M76

Tracking should go live tomorrow a.m.



2 comments:

Rik_Studio said...

Have a Wonderful trip Steve.

Anonymous said...

It's a terrible cell phone pic, but I caught a glimpse of you as I was driving home this afternoon. Love reading about your travels!

https://imgur.com/xDS7z1P