Wednesday, February 12, 2020

the interview, spring supplies


The Small Craft Advisor interview with Webb Chiles is out in their March/April issue.  If you have a subscription, enjoy the piece.  If you don't have a subscription, go to your bookstore and buy a copy or, better yet, order a subscription.  In print there is no better supporter of small boats that SCA.

The interview is an enjoyable read.  Many of Webb's thoughts and comments I have read elsewhere in the past, here they are all put together and nicely packaged.

I was pleased to see that Webb, asked about small boats that he likes, mentions John Welsford's Pathfinder.  We are in agreement on that (yet questions linger as to whether or not it is really a Drascombe).


---------------------------------------------


Whenever I am near a Bass Pro Shop or an REI I drop in to pick up a freeze dried meal or two, above.  When I am at certain grocery stores I buy two or three Rx Bars.  Buying a little here and a little there adds up.  Doing a count this morning have have nearly enough breakfast bars and dinner for what could possibly be a month-long sail.  

Dinners are a mixture of Mountain House Meals (though the ones available locally are servings for two, too much for me), Good To-Go meals, Alpinaire and OMeals (self heating meals that I am liking more and more).  There are even a couple of Outdoor Gourmet Meals from New Zealand, courtesy of Webb, in the mix.

I am continually surprised by the variety of flavors available in Rx Bars.  A new favorite, just found a week or so ago, is Peanut Butter and Berries.  It is excellent.  I have not yet had an Rx Bar that I did not like.  


Rainy and cool the next few days.  Not much of a chance to get out on the water.





No comments: